We brought together world-renowned chefs to share their most innovative uses of California Raisins.
You’ll find a series of regional chefs from Aspen to San Francisco, Las Vegas and New York and elsewhere, each providing their own distinctive recipes combining the best of fresh, local ingredients.
2001 – 2013 Betelnut Restaurant, San Francisco, CA
Alex Ong’s Featured Recipes
- Beef Tataki with California Raisin and Crab XO Sauce
- Served Thursday night at Worlds of Flavor – sensational flavors!
- Bugis Chili Prawns with California Raisin Purée and Pineapple-Raisin Relish
- Bold Asian flavors smothered over shrimp, with a cool pineapple relish on the side.
- California Raisin and Stout Float
- Served every night at Worlds of Flavor – this is the perfect mini dessert and so simple!
- California Raisin and Tamarind Glazed Chicken Wings
- South Asian sauced wings. A twist to an old favorite.
- Cauliflower with Tribal Salt and California Raisins
- Oriental-style seasoning salt perfectly compliments lightly fried cauliflower and raisins.
- Chicken Congee with Chile-Raisin Oil
- A traditional Asian porridge with a delicious, spicy twist.
- Chinese Cured Pork with California Raisins
- A sweet and savory rice bowl.
- Egg Salad with California Raisins and Chile-Lime Dressing
- Fried eggs, zesty dressing, and California raisins; a uniquely fabulous salad.
- Green Papaya-California Raisin Salad
- A much loved dish in Thailand, this shredded papaya salad is a knockout.
- Indian Buttered Rice (Nasi Biryani)
- A basmati rice combined with California golden raisins, almonds and Indian spices.
- Lemongrass and Raisin Chicken Sausage with California Raisin Relish
- Worlds of Flavor\’s Friday night recipe was a favorite. The raisin relish was sweet, sour and had a great texture – perfect with the sausage!
- Malaysian Pickles (Archar)
- A tangy Malaysian salsa to spice up Lamb Korma or other tasty meats.
- Prawn Rendang with Cucumber-Golden Raisin Raita
- An Indonesian treat — prawns served with an aromatic sauce and cool raita.
- Rack of Lamb Korma
- Rack of lamb with a raisin-based Korma sauce spooned on top. It\’s great with Indian Buttered Rice and Malaysian Pickles.
- Roast Pork with Chile-Raisin Oil and Thai Basil Sauce
- A tasty combination of roast pork drizzled with spicy oil and tempting basil sauce.
- Roasted Mushroom Salad with Raisin Juice Caramelized Bacon & Chili-Lime Soy Dressing
- Crunchy fried raisins, caramelized bacon with asian flavors, wow!
- Spicy Raisin and Chicken ‘Banh Mi’ Sandwich
- Served Saturday, Worlds of Flavor\’s marketplace. This sandwich is superb!
- Xi´an Lamb Skewers with Raisin Yogurt Sauce
- Spiced lamb on a stick, with a mint and raisin yogurt sauce.
2008 Omni Royal Orleans, New Orleans, LA
Anthony Spizale’s Featured Recipes
- Baked Brie with California Raisins and Port Wine in Puff Pastry
- Make ahead to star at the party.
- California Raisin Beignets with Crème Anglaise
- Easy to make tasty raisin fritters.
- New Orleans-style Meat Loaf with California Raisins and Creole Mustard
- California raisins add unbelievable flavors to this Creole favorite.
2004-2013 Omni Tucson National Resort, Tucson, AZ
Antonio Rodriguez’s Featured Recipes
- Catalina Salad with Golden Raisins
- Hot South of the Border flavors contrast with sweet raisins and pecans.
- Chile-Sugar Cured Pork Tenderloin with Smoked Corn-Jalapeño Whipped Potatoes, Raisin-Port Chipotle Demi-Glace
- Stand pork tenderloin in a sweet-spicy cure. Cook and serve with a raisin and red wine sauce.
1998-2009 The Mirage, Las Vegas, NV
Bernard Ibarra’s Featured Recipes
- California Raisin and Fruit Chutney
- Red onion, tropical fruit and raisins make a tasty sauce to accompany meats.
- Curried Tuna and California Raisin Salad
- Poached tuna, cauliflower and broccoli make a hearty, healthy salad with California raisins
- Gateau Basque
- Experience California raisin custard in anise flavored crust.
- Lamb Chops with Red Wine and California Raisins
- Succulent lamb chops with a peppery raisin and red wine sauce.
- Sautéed Foie Gras Sandwich of California Raisins and Figs with Frisée Lettuce
- All meat sandwich with Bayonne ham between two slices of foie gras garnished with raisins, frisée and peppers.
- Sweet Plantain and California Raisin Soup with Saffron
- California raisin-banana soup seasoned with exotic spices.
2004 -2011 Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate, Orlando, FL
Bernd Mueller’s Featured Recipes
- Rack of Lamb Racemus
- Spread with raisin farce and wrapped in caul fat, roasted lamb gets a boost from the mint and raisin glaze.
- San Joaquin Valley Chicken
- Raisins and wild mushrooms strut their stuff with chicken breasts and vegetables.
Since 1995, The Slanted Door, San Francisco, CA
• 100 Brannan Street • (415) 861-8032
Charles Phan’s Featured Recipes
- Cinnamon Rice Pudding with California Raisins
- Sweet rice, sticky rice, glutinous rice — all the same and they make one easy raisin dessert.
- Five Spice Quail with Raisin and Nectarine Chutney
- Raisin-nectarine chutney accompanies five spice quail.
- Raisin and Almond Pie with Vanilla Ice Cream and Caramel Sauce
- Individual almond-flavored raisin pies are so good with ice cream and caramel sauce.
- Vietnamese Stir-fried Chicken with Nuts and California Raisins
- A quick stir-fry of chicken breasts, California raisins and nuts.
- White Sesame Seed Panna Cotta with Rum-soaked Raisins and Red Dates
- Molded custard dessert topped with California raisins and dates.
Charlie Trotter’s Featured Recipes
- Butternut Squash-Raisin Ravioli with Brown Butter-Citrus Vinaigrette
- California raisins and squash filled ravioli.
- Chilled Pork and Wild Rice Salad
- Onion, rice, watercress, apricots, walnuts and vinaigrette with savory pork slices.
- Cinnamon-Raisin Bread Pudding with Vanilla Anglaise
- Silky creme tops traditional pudding.
- Crispy Apple-Raisin Turnovers
- Crispy filo provides the perfect crust for these apple-raisin filled turnovers.
- Curry-braised Chicken, Raisin and Potato Tarts
- Chicken, raisin, vegetable and potato filled pastries with sauce.
- Grilled Duck Breast with Braised Endive, Raisins, Roasted Apples and Red Wine Jus
- Grill the duck and present with baked apple rings, endive and red wine jus.
- Grilled Pork Chops with Pickled Red Onions and Raisin-Fig-Balsamic Sauce
- Prepare Raisin-Fig-Balsamic sauce, pickled onions and corn with black beans well in advance.
- Roasted Amish Chicken with California Golden Raisin Glaze and Asparagus
- Glaze the chicken with golden raisins and serve asparagus with golden raisin vinaigrette.
- Salad of Beets, Belgian Endive, Goat Cheese, Golden Raisins and Asian Pear
- Simple to make with complex flavors and textures.
- Sautéed Veal Chops with Braised Juniper Berry Red Cabbage
- Buttery cabbage surrounds the tenderness of sautéed veal chops.
- Shredded Pork with Golden Raisins, Wild Rice Pancakes and Pecan Sauce
- Wild rice pancakes topped with shredded pork and pecan sauce for a special treat.
- Tamarind-Golden Raisin Glazed Roasted Chicken with Apple-Onion Potato Purée
- Sweet sour raisin glaze with tamarind and orange roasts chicken to perfection.
- Warm Apple Cider Soup with Crispy Apple-Raisin Turnovers
- Raisin turnovers float in spicy hot cider for a quick warm up.
Omni Houston Hotel, Houston, TX
Gaspar Stantic’s Featured Recipes
- Tempura Apples with Pistachio-Raisin Compote and Cinnamon Ice Cream
- Easy, easy, easy but spectacular raisins and apples.
Omni Hotel at CNN Center, Atlanta, GA
Geoff Southwick’s Featured Recipes
- Asiago-Goat Cheese Tartlet with Golden Raisins and Cranberries
- First course or dessert. It\’s perfect any time!
- Baked Peaches with Golden Raisins
- A quick to make, light dessert to serve often.
- Golden Raisin Peach Tart
- Free-form tarts filled with golden peaches and California raisins.
- Golden Raisin-Granny Smith Apple Chow Chow
- A sweet spicy apple-raisin condiment for pork, ham and other meats.
- Pecan Thumbprint Cookies with California Golden Raisin-Dried Cherry Marmalade
- Put two of these filled cookies together with rum-raisin ice cream for dessert.
- Sautéed Lamb T-Bones with Fresh Thyme and Creamy Raisin Grits
- Creamy grits with raisins and spinach combine with lamb T-bones and mint sauce.
Piperade, San Francisco, CA
• 1015 Batterey Street • (415) 391-2555
Gerald Hirigoyen’s Featured Recipes
- Braised Rabbit Irouleguy with California Golden Raisins
- Rabbit and wine sauce with sautéed vegetables.
- Breast of Turkey Stuffed with Chestnuts, Pistachios and California Raisins
- Golden raisins, chanterelles, chestnuts and pistachios — a savory filling for roasted turkey breast.
- California Rum Raisin and Almond Tarts
- Sweet, rich pastry filled with ground almond and raisin custard.
- Red Wine Roasted Chicken with California Raisins and Bread Stuffing
- Red wine and shallots; day-old bread and raisins — perfect filling for a roasting chicken.
- Warm Piquillo Peppers with Goat Cheese, California Raisins and Moscatel Vinaigrette
- A warm salad or first course with California Raisins and goat cheese.
Bellagio, Las Vegas, NV
Grant MacPherson’s Featured Recipes
- Braised Shank of Pauillac Lamb with Caramelized Veal Sweetbreads and Roast Artichoke Jus
- Elegantly presented raisin-stuffed lamb garnished with cream spinach, braised sweet breads and artichokes.
- Composition of Bobwhite Quail, Tuscan White Beans and California Raisin Tapenade
- Sweet pickled raisins and truffled white beans, quail mousseline and California raisin tapenade.
- Confit of Wild Scottish Salmon and Curried Raisin Oxtail with Beetroot Emulsion
- Curried raisin oxtail and sautéed spinach stacked with apple slices and salmon rounds.
- Tropical Fruits in Brik Pastry with Szechuan Pepper Sauce
- Little fruit-filled pastries topped with pandan ice cream and peppery sauce.
- Vanilla-roasted Pineapple with Golden Raisin Ice Cream and Drambuie Jus
- Here\’s a dessert for your Hawaiian luau.
Fleur de Lys, San Francisco, CA
• 777 Sutter Street • (415) 673-7779
Hubert Keller’s Featured Recipes
- Cinnamon Apple and Raisin Crisp
- Cook the apples! Bake the pie! It is easier than pie!
- Henri’s Authentic Kugelhopf
- A light almond and raisin coffee cake baked in its own decorative mold.
- Marinated Venison Chop with Horseradish Crust and Raisin Sauce
- California raisins and tangy horseradish make outstanding venison chops.
- Roast Quail Stuffed with Swiss Chard and California Raisins
- California raisins, Swiss chard and pine nuts lend subtle flavors to wine-sauced quail.
Omni William Penn Hotel, Pittsburgh, PA
Jacky Francois’s Featured Recipes
- Harvest Butternut Squash Soup with California Golden Raisin Crostini
- Golden raisins sweeten this golden bisque.
- Matelote of Monkfish, California Raisin Roulade and Celeriac Mousseline
- Marinated raisins and monkfish served with celeriac and purée of beet make an interesting dinner.
Caesar’s Palace, Las Vegas, NV
James Perillo’s Featured Recipes
- Beef Carpaccio and Club-style BLT with Honey and Pepper Glazed California Raisins and Red Wine Balsamic Syrup
- Paper thin slices of beef, aioli and brioche join California raisins club-style.
- Braised Pork Chops with Caramelized Onion, Raisin and Pine Nut Ragu
- Buttery browned onions and California raisins flavor tender pork chops in this ragu.
- Breast of Chicken Stuffed with Prosciutto and Sage served with California Raisins and Parmesan Potato Purée
- Show off these elegant chicken breasts with a raisin sauce and potato purée.
- California Raisin Couscous with Vegetables
- Lots of good grains and vegetables in this side dish.
- California Raisin Granola Trifle
- Raisins, granola and fresh fruit to serve at breakfast or for hearty dessert.
- Grilled Pizza Salad with Tossed Greens and Golden Raisin Peach Vinaigrette
- Fresh fruit, California raisins and goat cheese top grilled pizza for a casual feast.
- Hearts of Kentucky Lettuce, Gorgonzola and Golden Raisins with White Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Simple balsamic vinaigrette emphasizes the goodness of fresh ingredients topped with walnuts and golden raisins.
- Mint Crusted Rack of Lamb and Seared Foie Gras with California Golden Raisin and Toasted Cardamom Sauce
- Minted honey and crumb crusted rack of lamb served with raisin and wine-glazed foie gras.
- Pan-seared Foie Gras with Caramelized Apple-Golden Raisin Tart and Black Truffle Sauce
- Drizzle black truffle sauce over the apple-raisin tart and top with a slice of foie gras.
- Seared Cod and Ragu of Wilted Greens, Butternut Squash and California Raisins with Crispy Pancetta
- Tasty, colorful combination of vegetables, raisins and fish.
- Turkey Cutlet on Ciabatta with California Raisin and Red Onion Marmalade
- Turkey scaloppina, raisins and red onions on ciabatta — what could be better?
Sazerac / Catahoula, Seattle, WA/Calistoga, CA
Jan Birnbaum’s Featured Recipes
- Apple Tartlet with Golden Raisins and Calvados Whipped Cream
- Apple and raisin tart with brandy flavored whipped cream.
- Catahoula and Sazerac Spiced Nuts with California Raisins
- Brandy-flamed California raisins and nuts with spices.
- Honey Raisin Duck with Rice Dressing, Gingersnap Gravy and Brussels Sprouts
- Raisins and honey flavor roast duck and gingersnap gravy tops it off.
- Lavender Pork Loin with California Raisins, Figs and Jalapeños
- Peppery jalapeños, California raisins and figs sauce a lavender and rosemary-infused pork loin.
Oskar Blues, CO
Jason Rogers’s Featured Recipes
- California Raisin Raita
- Indian inspired yogurt salad with California Raisins and Feta cheese.
- Pulled Pork with Raisin Corn Bread
- This saucy mixture on raisin corn bread definitely is not finger food.
- Roasted Leg of Lamb and Minty Raisin Jam
- Perfect mint and raisin jam to accompany perfectly seasoned lamb.
- Sizzling Snapper with Coconut-Lemongrass Curry, Pineapple and California Golden Raisin Fried Rice
- Have everything ready so snapper comes to the table sizzling.
Omni Houston Hotel, Houston, TX
John Geschrei’s Featured Recipes
- Roast Tenderloin of Beef with Fennel-Raisin Gnocchi, Wilted Watercress, California Raisin Caponata and Syrah Butter
- California Raisin caponata and fennel gnocchi transform beef tenderloin.
- Wild Striped Sea Bass Roasted with Fennel, Sweet Onion, Heirloom Tomatoes and California Golden Raisins
- The delicate flavor of fennel makes sea bass very interesting.
Society Café Encore, Las Vegas, NV
Kim Canteenwalla’s Featured Recipes
- Apricot Spicy Custard Tart
- Fresh or dried apricots and raisins in a rich custard filling.
- Barbecued Skate with Sambal of Lemongrass, California Raisins and Star Fruit
- Sambal can be made hours before serving which will enhance its spicy flavor.
- Brioche with Vanilla Cream and Raisins
- Serve with a steaming latte or for afternoon tea.
- Chocolate Raisin Knackerly
- An easy-to-make snack with just 2 ingredients.
- Coconut Parfait
- Icy cold, rum infused golden raisins — too good to resist.
- Curried Monkfish and Golden Raisin Soup
- Monkfish and potatoes spiced with curry.
- Fricassee of Chicken Casserole with California Raisins
- Home-style chicken-vegetable stew with double California raisins.
- Mango Risotto Pudding
- Simple, elegant, easy to make raisin dessert.
- Salad of Tofu, Celery, Granny Smith Apples and Golden Raisins
- East meets West in this vegetarian salad.
- Savory Stuffing
- A rich and savory stuffing best suited for lean meats or turkey and pheasant.
- Seared Ahi Tuna with Spiked Raisin Medley
- Spiked raisins and fruit raise tuna to another level.
- Shallow-Fried Polenta, Golden Raisin Double Cream and Sour Cherries
- Hot-cold and sweet-sour, it is ready to serve in no time!
- Terrine of Chicken Liver, Green Peppercorns and Golden Raisins
- California golden raisins, cognac and port flavor chicken livers for a tasty terrine.
- Wild Mushroom Raisin Salad with Serrano Ham
- A collection of mushrooms, California raisins and sweet peppers fill potato baskets to serve with Serrano ham and arugula.
Omni Corpus Christi Hotel Bayfront and Marina Tower, Corpus Christi, TX
Mario Martinez’s Featured Recipes
- Golden Raisin-coated Sea Bass Napoleon
- Stack raisin-coated sea bass with crispy wonton wrappers and spinach to serve with raisin vinaigrette and greens.
Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, Austin, TX
Michael Aragon’s Featured Recipes
- Jumbo Shrimp with Pernod-plumped California Raisins and Fennel
- Anise-flavored raisins and fennel stack up with orange juice and sautéed spinach.
Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas, Dallas, TX
Michael Jackson’s Featured Recipes
- California Raisin and Granny Smith Apple Beignets
- Southern-style fried puffs filled with apples and raisins.
- California Raisin Espresso Lava Cake
- Chocolate and espresso – heaven in a cake with California raisins.
- Citrus-scented Quinoa and California Raisin Salad with Toasted Almonds, Plum Tomatoes, Mixed Greens and Balsamic Syrup
- Fun to make, fun to look at, fun to eat, and good for you, too.
- Semolina Crusted Alaskan Salmon, California Raisin Ratatouille and Wilted Spinach
- High protein semolina and salmon served with raisin and ratatouille for a completely nutritious meal.
- Tortilla-encrusted Chicken with California Golden Raisin, Chorizo Sausage, Roasted Pepper and Pecan Filling served with Mole Sauce
- Golden raisins, pecans, chorizo and mole for a Tex-Mex chicken with tricolor tortilla crust.
Boulevard, San Francisco, CA
• 1 Mission Street • (415) 543-6084
Nancy Oakes’s Featured Recipes
- Pan Roasted Sea Scallops with Wilted Spinach, California Raisins and Pine Nuts
- Elegant, quick, easy! Make it for dinner, tonight!
- Pork Tenderloin Salad with California Raisin Relish
- Peppery raisin and apple relish with prosciutto wrapped pork tenderloin on a bed of arugula.
La Brea Bakery, Los Angeles, CA
Nancy Silverton’s Featured Recipes
- Bran Muffins with California Raisins
- Running low on fiber? These muffins are full of nutritious goodness.
- Dried Fruit and Nut Scones
- Packed full of flavor and crunch — so good!
- La Brea Carrot-Raisin Baby Cakes
- All one or twelve baby cakes, this carrot, raisin and pineapple cake is frosted with cream cheese and sour cream.
- Mary Kay’s Pistachio and Currant Biscotti
- Everyone loves biscotti with a steaming cup of coffee.
Norman Van Aken
Norman’s, Orlando, FL
Norman Van Aken’s Featured Recipes
- Braised Brazilian Beef Shanks with Peanuts (Con Maní)
- Garlic-flavored beef shanks stewed with carrots and onion, topped peanuts and Zante currants.
- Caramel, Chocolate and Pumpkin Seed Timbales with Sour Cream Rum Raisin Ice Cream
- Stacks of flavor and raisin ice cream, too!
- Cuban Bread Salad
- Skillet-toasted bread topped with herbed greens and raisins.
- Golden Raisin Granizado with Rum Cream, Candied Walnuts and Raisins
- A light dessert or palate cleanser.
- Snapper a la Veracruzana
- Snapper in the popular style from Veracruz with raisins.
- Stuffed Chicken (Gallina Rellena)
- Roast chicken stuffed with meats, vegetables, raisins and pineapple.
Paris Hotel, Las Vegas, NV
Olivier Dubreuil’s Featured Recipes
- Apple Cider Braised Chicken Breast with California Golden Raisins
- Braise chicken breasts with shallots, cider and golden raisins; serve with a creamy sauce.
- Autumn Salad
- The perfect combination of late summer salad ingredients for a breezy day.
- Baked Goat Cheese and California Golden Raisin Phyllo with Mesclun Salad and Hazelnut Dressing
- Roasted hazelnuts top flaky phyllo-wrapped goat cheese.
- California Golden Raisin and Fig Delite
- Quick, easy raisin stuffed figs for dessert or to accompany roast duck.
- Foie Gras Terrine with Celery Root and California Golden Raisins
- Layers of foie gras mousse, celery root and raisins for a rich terrine to slice and serve cold.
- Gnocchi with California Golden Raisins and Orange
- Tangy orange and golden raisins add extra kick to potato dumplings.
- Grand Marnier Bread Pudding with California Golden Raisins
- A great dessert, but it could become a quick breakfast favorite, too.
- Pan Seared Striped Bass with Leeks, California Raisin Fondue and Curry Mousseline
- A base of mellow leeks and raisins, sea bass an easy curry mousseline.
- Papillote of Salmon with Fennel, California Golden Raisins and Orange Flavors
- Simple to prepare, dramatic presentation, so good to eat, too.
- Sautéed Rabbit with Almonds and California Golden Raisins
- Try something different with this easy raisin and cilantro-herbed rabbit.
- Stew of Baby Vegetables with California Golden Raisins and Coriander
- Summer vegetables with golden raisins.
- Veal Roulade with Pine Nuts and California Golden Raisins
- Raisins and nuts fill scaloppini with flavor.
Omni Houston Hotel at Westside, Houston, TX
Paul Fischbach’s Featured Recipes
- Angostura Entrée Salad
- Circles of chicken breast stuffed with ham and figs served with salad and dressing spiked with Angostura.
- Grilled Halibut Salad
- Halibut, potaotes, tomatoes and green beans yield to the flavors of California golden raisins and a mustard vinaigrette.
- Pan-fried Flounder with Parsley Potatoes and Tomato-Raisin Relish
- Combine fresh and sun-dried tomatoes with California raisins and spoon over a flounder fillet.
The Little Nell, Aspen, CO
Paul Wade’s Featured Recipes
- Banana Spring Roll with Tazo Chai and California Golden Raisin Ice Cream
- Tazo Chai tea and golden raisin ice cream, caramel sauce and raspberry purée served with a banana spring roll.
- Barbecued Veal Sweetbreads and Curried Spring Vegetable Roti
- Sweetbreads and vegetables served open-face with curry sauce on roti bread.
- Bee Keeper’s Honey Spice Cake
- Individual raisin and pear upside-down spice cakes topped with caramel sauce and hazelnut ice cream.
- Caramelized Apple Tart
- Warm caramelized apples and raisins served with ice cream.
- Mascarpone Cheesecake with Five-Spice California Golden Raisins
- Classic cheesecake with golden raisin sauce.
- Pan-seared Foie Gras, Pecan Bread Pudding, Warm Fruit Salad and Red Plum Coulis
- Raisins and fruits poached in red plum coulis accompany foie gras on tosted pecan-banana bread.
- Roasted Duckling with Foie Gras Wonton, Wong Bok and Shiitake Stew, Orange-Soy Glaze and Homemade California Golden Raisin-Apricot Chutney
- California golden raisins and apricots in a spicy chutney to accent duckling and foie gras wontons.
- Santa Rosa Andante Nocturne Cow’s Milk Cheese Souffle with Port Wine and California Natural Raisin-Port Compote
- Artisan cheese soufflé served with a tasty quick compote for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
- Skillet-Roasted Elk Loin with Braised Red Cabbage and California Natural Raisin-Bourbon Jus
- Start a day ahead to infuse the cabbage for a raisin glazed elk dinner worthy of praise.
- Winter Berry Cobbler with Muscat-Honey Ice Cream
- Sweet wine-flavored ice cream adds complementary sweetness to this cobbler.
Imperial Fez, Atlanta, GA
Rafih Benjelloun’s Featured Recipes
- California Raisin Sangria
- Double the pleasure! Double the fun! And all those raisins!
- Carrot and California Raisin Salad with Sweet Orange
- Raisin-Carrot Salad with even more fruit and a sweet vinaigrette.
- Couscous with Vegetables
- Veggies, grains and beans for a filling vegetarian entrée or sidedish.
- Cucumber Raisin be Zaatar
- Tangy, sweet relish to serve as salad or appetizer.
- Fish Tagines Stuffed with Rice and California Raisins
- Spicy sauce, fish, rice and vegetables to satisfy hungry guests.
- Honey Raisin Mojito
- Raisins, rum and fun all around.
- Moroccan Salad with California Raisins
- Add raisins to this tossed salad and flavor the light vinaigrette with them, too.
- Turkey Mrouzia with California Raisins
- Turkey stew with unique Mediterranean flavors.
- Wini Minis Kefta
- Little nibblers to start the party!
Robert Del Grande
Café Annie, Houston, TX
Robert Del Grande’s Featured Recipes
- Ahi Tuna with California Golden Raisin-Ginger Cream on Royal Trumpet Mushrooms
- Tangy golden raisins meld into this ginger cream to top an extraordinary appetizer.
- Carnitas with Coconut Raisin Sauce and Plantain Cakes with Raisin-Cocoa Bean Recado
- Dress up shredded pork with raisin sauces and plantain cakes for hearty appetizers.
- Chicken Breasts with California Raisins and Oranges
- Tender chicken smothered in an orange and garlic flavored raisin sauce.
- Chile Rellenos with California Raisins, Cheese, Pecans and Guajillo Chile Sauce
- Long green chiles filled with cheeses, raisins and pecans; baked and sauced.
- Cinnamon Broiled Chicken with California Raisins and Red Chile Pecan Sauce
- Glaze chicken halves with seasoned cinnamon and raisins. Then, serve with pecan and raisin butter sauce.
- Filet Mignon in Red Chile and California Raisin Mole with Avocado and Cilantro Sprigs
- Southwestern flavors on a tender filet mignon.
- Grilled Chicken with Guajillo Chile and California Raisin Pipian
- For more tangy, spicy Mexican flavors, reheat the chicken in the sauce.
- Grilled Lamb Chops, Red Salsa with California Raisins (Salsa de Pasitas Rojas) and Fennel Salad
- Almonds, raisins, olives and red chiles add flavor to lamb chops.
- Grilled Quail and Texas Skirt Steak with California Raisin and Coffee Bean Adobado
- Barbecue it with chipotle and top with adobado and raisins for a very special steak.
- Gulf Shrimp with Coconut Raisin Sauce and Plantain Cakes with Raisin-Cocoa Bean Recado
- Start any party with this showy appetizer.
- Gulf Shrimp with Spicy Golden Raisin-Avocado Mayonnaise
- Nothing could be finer than this tangy sauce to top lightly broiled shrimp for a great first course appetizer.
- Kobe Beef and California Raisin-Coffee Salsa served with Roasted Shallots and California Raisins with Crème Fraiche
- California Raisins, cocoa and coffee salsa accent the South American flavors in this dish.
- New York Steak with California Golden Raisin Steak Sauce (Salsa Blanca para Bistek) and Asparagus Salad
- Chiles de Arbol and California Golden Raisins in a creamy sauce dress up New York steaks.
- Pork Chops with California Raisins and Ancho Chiles
- Raisins, ancho chiles and onions bake flavor into pork chops to serve with a creamy cilantro sauce.
- Raisin-Achiote Glazed Shrimp served with Avocado-Tomatillo Salsa and Cucumber Raisin Salad
- California raisins and achiote give a slightly different flavor to this meal.
- Rich Chocolate Brownies with Raisin-Chocolate Sauce
- Rich, decadent chocolate joins raisins in this dessert.
- Roasted Chicken with Raisin-Pine Nut Jam and Shaved Fennel, Golden Raisin and Chanterelle Salad
- Guajillo chiles spice up a tangy grill mop while a raisin salad and jam take the edge off.
- Roasted Quail with Raisin-Pine Nut Jam and Shaved Fennel, Golden Raisin and Chanterelle Salad
- Guajillo chiles spice up a tangy grill mop while a raisin salad and jam take the edge off.
- Sea Scallops, Green Salsa with California Raisins (Salsa de Pasitas Verdes) and Pears
- Green salsa with California Raisins and grilled sea scallops are cooled with slices of sweet pear.
- Slow Cooked Pork with Guajillo Chile and California Raisins Pipian
- Spicy, hot stew filled with the flavors of Mexico.
- Spicy Margarita California Raisins
- Raisin snacks with extra flare.
- Spicy Tomato Rice with Raisins and Bananas
- Try this unique combination of rice, raisins and bananas at the next company dinner.
- Sweet Potatoes with Raisins and Poblano Chile Rajas
- Combine these nutritious sweet potatoes and chiles with raisins for a real taste treat.
- Thin Pork Chops with Raisin Mustard Nut Relish
- The natural combination of mustard with pork raises the bar even higher with California raisins.
Noé Restaurants, Los Angeles/Houston; Concept Chef, Omni Hotels
Robert Gadsby’s Featured Recipes
- California Raisin, Tomato and Onion Seed Chutney
- Typical East Indian flavors and California raisins for a vegetable side dish or a dipper for flat breads.
- Potato and Almond Milk Soup with California Raisins and Pumpkin Seeds
- Vitamin rich almond oil flavors this potato soup topped with raisins and pumpkin seeds.
- Seared Foie Gras with California Raisin and Mixed Fruit Chutney
- California raisin and fruit chutney spice up this entree.
- Seared Sea Scallops with Mushroom Raisin Goulash
- Hungarian vegetable goulash tops sea scallops.
La Folie, San Francisco, CA
• 2316 Polk Street • (415) 776-5577
Roland Passot’s Featured Recipes
- Chicken Breast, Sweetbreads and Raisins with Sauce Verjus
- Combine sweetbreads, raisins and a chicken breast with sauce of green grapes and carrots.
- La Folie Lobster with Fennel, Orange and Raisin Tart
- Unsurpassed raisin-filled tart served with lobster and tangy bean salad.
- Maui Onions Stuffed with Curried Raisin Couscous
- Couscous and raisins in sweet Maui onions topped with tomato-raisin marmalade.
- Roasted Salmon with Pearl Barley and Parsley Coulis
- Fish and grain accented with parsley sauce.
- Sautéed Spinach with Pine Nuts and Golden Raisins
- Another winner with golden raisins and spinach.
- Seared Liberty Farm Duck Breast, Roasted Organic Apple with Farce of Camargue Rice, Raisins and Duck Confit with Calvados Sauce
- Duck breasts glazed with honey served with raisin-stuffed apples and Calvados sauce.
Roy Harland’s Featured Recipes
- Antipasto Salad with California Raisins
- A flavor-packed salad, side dish or light, healthy first course for an Italian-style buffet.
- Apple Raisin Chutney
- Store this delectable chutney in the fridge for a quick lift to dinner.
- Apple, Pecan and California Raisin Pie
- Raisins and pecans bump up plain apple pie.
- Butternut Balsamic Duck Salad
- Sweet, chewy raisins provide palate-teasing nuances to this salad.
- California Golden Raisin Rice Pudding
- Just add tangy golden raisins to this rich rice pudding for a great dessert.
- California Raisin Harvest Cake
- Orange juice, butter and sugar glaze a raisin-apple cake.
- California Waldorf Salad
- Created by Oscar Tschirky for the Waldorf Hotel, California raisins and fresh herbs give this salad a modern twist.
- Cauliflower-Raisin Salad
- Cauliflower and California raisins create an interplay of flavors and textures.
- Chinese Chicken Salad
- Asian flavors, California raisins and crunchy wonton ribbons set this chicken salad apart.
- Coleslaw with Raisins and Peanuts
- Raisins, horseradish and peanuts add pizzazz to picnics, barbecues or fish fries.
- Couscous Salad
- Easy to prepare and serve often. Great with lamb.
- Couscous Salad with California Raisins
- Make a big batch for buffets or festive meals of all kinds or serve often at home.
- Cucumber-Raisin Raita
- This mildly spicy condiment is the perfect complement to Indian and Middle Eastern grilled lamb or couscous.
- Golden Crab Salad
- California golden raisins with crab and corn in a classic dressing.
- Golden Nugget Phad Thai
- California golden raisins make a hot curry sauce to spoon over noodles and stir-fry.
- Greek Orzo Salad with Lamb Sausage
- Juicy hot sausage slices, spinach leaves, orzo pasta and sweet chewy California raisins make an extraordinary one-plate meal.
- Haricots Verts, Beet and Raisin Salad
- Tiny beans and beets to serve as a first course or a colorful and healthy lunch entrée with grilled chicken or fish.
- Italian Chopped Salad
- For a hearty meal with flavor to spare, here is an easy-to-prepare main course salad.
- Jícama, Avocado and Orange Salad
- A festive salad of jícama, sweet orange, creamy avocado and chewy California raisins.
- Italian vegetable salad with raisins and croutons.
- Pear, Raisin and Gorgonzola Salad
- The perfect salad for fall and winter.
- Picadillo Pork Chili
- Make a big pot of this chili with picadillo tendencies. It won\’t last long!
- Picnic Rice Salad
- An easy salad to make ahead — the flavor improves with time.
- Pork Rack Chops Smothered with Apples, Cabbage and Raisins
- A familiar combination of flavors for an easy make-ahead pork main dish.
- Raisin Country BBQ Back Ribs
- Louisiana hot sauce, California raisins and orange juice turn up the temperature on these barbecued ribs.
- Steak and Blue Cheese Salad
- Enjoy our Raisin Growers\’ salad with warm, crusty bread and California wine for a perfect light meal.
- Thai Glass Noodle Salad
- This salad has it all. Silky transparent noodles and chewy raisins, just to titilate the senses.
- Thai-style Mango Salad
- This sweet, sour and nutty salad pairs beautifully with grilled chicken, shrimp or pork.
- Tortellini Peach Salad
- This is a wonderful lunch or picnic salad.
- Tropical Fruit Salsa with California Raisins
- Easy and quick to make, this salsa transforms the simplest entrées.
- Tropical Shrimp Cocktail
- A refreshing first course or main dish for two.
- Tuscan-style White Bean, Tuna and Currant Salad
- Creamy textured beans to contrast with sweet California Zante currants.
- Updated Iceberg Salad
- The crunch of iceberg lettuce in a bold flavor combination.
- Uptown Chicken Salad
- Excellent as a sandwich filling or make-ahead topping for canapes, too.
- Warm German Potato Salad
- Potato salad is even better with California raisins.
- Warm Salmon Soba Salad with Currant Dressing
- Bursting with color, texture and opposing elements, great salad bejeweled with tiny Zante currants.
The French Laundry, Yountville, CA
Thomas Keller’s Featured Recipes
- California Caramel-Raisin Sauce
- Make a batch of this creamy caramel sauce for topping ice cream sundaes.
- California Golden Raisin Relish
- This good relish doesn\’t need an introduction. It\’s fabulous!
- California Oven-roasted Cornish Game Hens Stuffed with California Raisins and Smoked Ham
- Smoked ham and raisins fill bread stuffing and game hens with a tangy, sweet flavor.
- Pan Roasted Medallion of Beef Rib-Eye with Purée of Yukon Gold Potatoes and California Golden Relish
- An unbelievable combination of beef rib-eye with raisin relish and wine sauce
- Poached Chicken and Carrot Salad with California Raisin Vinaigrette
- Gently flavor chicken with star anise; then combine with grated carrots, pine nuts and raisins.
- Sautéed Gulf White Shrimp with Jasmine Rice, California Raisins and Spicy Sauce
- California raisins, jasmine rice and saucy shrimps for dinner tonight!
The Hotel Jerome, Aspen, CO
Todd Slossberg’s Featured Recipes
- Cornflake-crusted Panettone with California Raisin, Cranberry and Apple Compote
- Italian sweet bread french toasted and topped with a fruity compote.
- Grilled Flat Iron with Potato Gratin, Gorgonzola-Onion Fondue and Housemade Raisin Steak Sauce
- Outstanding steak sauce!
- Jerome Alpine Granola
- Six dried fruits, nuts, and seeds to serve with milk or yogurt for a breakfast treat.
- Oatmeal-Raisin White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- There is nothing ordinary about these oatmeal-raisin cookies.
- Spice-rubbed Colorado Lamb Sirloin with Contadina-style Potatoes and Spicy Eggplant and Golden Raisin Relish
- Marinate the lamb with spicy harissa and serve it with golden raisin and eggplant relish
Spago, Beverly Hills, Las Vegas, Maui
Wolfgang Puck’s Featured Recipes
- Apple Strudel with California Raisins
- Apples and raisins rolled in thin sheets of dough.
- Braised Moroccan Lamb
- Leg of lamb braised in wine with carrot, onion, celery and tomato, and sauced with raisins and almonds.
- A sweet seduction of sugared pancakes and strawberry sauce.
- Moroccan Lamb Tangine
- A Moroccan slow cooker or tangine cooks raisin seasoned lamb to perfection.