As the world’s top chefs know, the depth of character and flavor that California Raisins lend to any dish is limited only by the imagination and creativity of the one using them.
- Flavor Compatibility: California Raisins are compatible with sweet and savory flavors; blend well with mild or spicy flavors, vanilla, cinnamon and citrus flavors; provide excellent flavor background for savory dishes and ethnic foods; and are compatible with all sweet foods.
- Flavor Enhancement: California Raisins contain 2.2 percent tartaric acid, a flavor enhancer. They also contain precursors of the Maillard reaction. This enables California Raisins to function as flavor enhancers and flavor potentiators in roasted, baked and microwaveable products.
- Flavor Identity: When added to a dish that is traditionally simmered, such as stews or sauces and then pureed, raisins have the unique ability to take on a whole new flavor profile.
- Flavor Tradition: Raisins also have earned their place in such comfort foods like cheeseburgers, ice cream, French toast, scones, muffins, artisan and whole grain breads and rolls, as well as with oatmeal and dry cereals, and muesli. California Raisins are also finding their way into wraps and healthy snack bars, savory sauces, fruitful finishes, and Latin libations.
- Texture: California Raisins combine with salty, crunchy, spicy and smoky ingredients to achieve a spectrum of subtle, balanced and novel flavors from the deep and earthy to the highly aromatic.
However they are used, raisins provide a healthy, flavorful experience for your guests. Sun-dried, all natural California Raisins are always a Wise Choice in the professional kitchen.