Karla Stockli, Director of Marketing
California Raisin Marketing Board
California Raisins Cook Up A Storm At Cal Expo
SACRAMENTO, CA. November 4-6, 2005 — Food, kitchen and gadget lovers alike are traveling to Sacramento for Sacramento’s Cookin’!! This tradeshow joins national manufacturers and local food processors together to share the latest in the culinary world. It allows consumers to sample chef’s on-site creations, test gadgets, watch all types of live demonstrations and get really hands on. The California Raisin Marketing Board will show them how to use raisins as a delicious, nutritious ingredient and how wonderful they taste in dishes prepared by renowned chefs.
Chef Andrew Hillman, certified ‘Chef de Cuisin’ and culinary instructor at Sacramento’s Institute of Technology appreciates the fresh produce of his native Santa Cruz and has developed a distinct appreciation for the essentials of great cuisine. For a taste treat extraordinaire, sample his
- Baby Spinach, Arugula and Toasted Walnut Salad with California Golden Raisin Vinaigrette
- California Raisin Indian Slaw
Chef Tommy Ponder has traveled the globe gathering culinary experience from the Czech Republic to Sacramento, where you can find him at The Supper Club. Share his expertise in
- Miso-glazed Sea Bass or Scallops with California Golden Raisins and Green Beans with Water Chestnuts and Sweet Soy
- Roquefort Blue Cheese in Phyllo with Chardonnay Reduction, California Goden Raisins and Micro Greens.
“I’m looking forward to pairing my European training with the versatility of California Raisins at this interesting, hands-on event – Sacramento’s Cookin,” exclaimed Chef Dani Luzatti.
Chef Dani Luzatti will be using her heritage flavors and her passion for pleasing people to present
- California Raisin Panforte, California Raisin Pasta Tagiatelli in light sherry cream sauce
- Curried California Raisin and Carrot Salad
The California Raisin Marketing Board was created by a State Marketing Order in 1998 and is 100 percent grower funded. Its mission is to support and promote the increased use of California-grown raisins and sponsor research of the fruit’s nutritional benefits. To learn more about the California Raisin Marketing Board, visit its website at www.calraisins.org.